Essay Contest Requirements:
- The contest is open to Illinois high school students in grades nine through 12 attending public, private or home schools.
- The contest submission deadline is Feb. 15, 2018.
- The contest will open for submissions on November 15, 2017.
- Essays can be no more than 700 words but must be a minimum of 500 words.
- Essays must be the original work of the student.
- Essays reflect the theme “Home Is Where the Heart Is”
Essays will be judged based on originality, creativity, grammar, punctuation, spelling and adherence to the theme.
$1,000 – 1 top scholarship award
$750 – 11 scholarship awards
$250 – 11 scholarship awards
Announcement of winners:
Winners will be notified by email April 1, 2018
Statewide recognition will include Illinois REALTORS® social media and communications channels including the REALTORS® Celebrate Illinois Bicentennial Facebook page. Students will receive official recognition by the State of Illinois Bicentennial Commission.
Write to email@example.com
The Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation (IRRF) offers seven kinds of college scholarships with April 1 application deadlines and one grant with an April 15 deadline. Please share scholarship and grant information with colleagues who might be interested.
April 1 deadline for 7 scholarships
New for the 2018-19 school year is the Daniel L. Goodwin Scholarship, which offers $1,000 to past recipients of the Boys and Girls Club Youth of the Year Award who are current Illinois residents pursuing a college or university education. The application is available now.
Other REEF scholarships are:
- the James M. Kinney Scholarship, worth $1,000 for 2018-19;
- the Richard “Dick” Wiegers Scholarship, worth $1,000 for 2018-19;
- the Academic Scholarship, worth $1,000 for 2018-19;
- the Thomas F. Seay Scholarship, worth $2,000 for 2018-19;
- the Morgan L. Fitch Scholarship, worth $2,000 for 2018-19; and
- the George Patt Scholarship, worth $1,000 for 2018-19.
The Kinney scholarship is a college scholarship open to prospective students in any field of study at any accredited college or university. Applicants must be children or grandchildren of REALTORS®, REALTOR® Associates or Illinois REALTORS® members in good standing with a local, state or national association.
The Wiegers scholarship is for Illinois residents pursuing a college or university education in the field of Business, Law, Finance or a graduate program in Business.
The Academic scholarship is for college students attending any accredited college or the University of Illinois to pursue a real estate career.
The Seay scholarship is for applicants pursuing a career in real estate at any college or university in the United States.
The Fitch scholarship is for students attending the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in the College of Commerce and Business Administration or the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
The Patt scholarship is for United States military veterans who want to pursue a college degree in real estate or education in real estate administration.
April 15 deadline for AIREE Grant
The AIREE Grant, for real estate professionals who are continuing or expanding their knowledge of real estate instruction, has a $500 award and an application deadline of April 15.
For more information and applications, visit www.ilreef.org.