Applied engineering principles to develop and operate electrical, mechanical.
Executed root cause analysis to improve yield and reliability.
Thoroughly inspected and repaired program systems components on MWD/LWD equipment.
Adapted to the needs and requirements of the Oil&Gas Industry. Served as on-call lead and took on on-call responsibilities for 2 1/2 yrs requiring myself to be available at any time when needed.
Quickly learned SAP software and used it to receive, stock and expedite parts.
Carefully organized, analyzed and prepared technical data reports to ensure proper workflow and productivity.
Maintained safety by verifying compliance and assuring proper testing and procedures were followed.
Inspected precision machine parts using micrometers, height gauges and optical comparators.
Ran operational tests on systems and equipment to reinforce proper processes and remedy malfunctions.
Entered and distributed work orders to other technicians.
Obtained strong knowledge and experience in MWD/LWD tools i,e.
Directional, Gamma, Telemetry, Hothole, Reg.Temp, Negative/Positive pulse, Negative pressure, Nuclear, and Electro magnetic. Also have experience in dumb iron .
Coordination and accounting of assets. As shop lead tech, I held a non-required daily count of all assets in my department as well as coordinated tools upon departure and arrival from rigs.
Technician Resume Cover Letter
A technician is a professional in the field of technology who is having the related practical knowledge of the general theoretical principles of the related field. The technicians are experienced in a greater extent in the techniques compared to the typical layman or the expert in that field.
The high-level of technique, and a mid-level of understanding of theory, is generally conquered by the technician to acquire expert level in a specific tool domain. They may be categorized as semi-skilled workers or skilled workers.
The technician resume cover letter format should be like:
- Always start your cover letter by addressing the letter to a particular person. You can also call the employer and get the correct name of the person and spelling, address, the title, fax number, email. Every cover letter you write should be specifically written for the position or the company you are looking for.
- Start your cover letter by stating the particular position or the type of work you are searching for.
- If you are referenced by some one from the same company, write down his name or mutual acquaintance to indicate his reference.
- Summarize your qualification details according to the knowledge you have about the organization or position. Tell the employer to go through the resume in attachment for more details.
- Also show them why you are so much interested in this position or organization.
- Show the employer that you have knowledge about the company and how it fits with your strengths, skills, interests and objectives.
- Don't shy to ask for an interview.
- If possible mention the date and time on which you will contact the receiver for setting up the convenient appointment time.
- If the company is not local, you can ask for the written response.
- Think positive and expect a response or an appointment.
Checkout our sample technician resume cover letters below :