Leadership Qualities That You Must Include in What Makes a Great Leader Essay
The definition of good leadership may vary from one country to the next, but there are 11 main things that must appear in each definition of good leadership.
- Unique style of leadership – there are many different styles that a good leader can use therefore good leadership is not restricted to any particular style.
- A leader has to be prepared to lead – Leadership has to be a conscious choice. Each decision must be deliberate and well-thought through. Good leaders hardly ever rely on luck alone.
- You can only be a leader when others are ready to follow you – the title itself says it all; leadership cannot exist without a following.
- People and relationships are more important to a leader than the routine tasks – since you expect people to follow you, it only makes sense to have the same people as your main priority.
- Good leaders set a clear vision – as stated earlier, good leadership is intentional. A leader should be able to paint for his/her followers a clear picture of their destination.
- Communication is essential – you have to communicate constantly and accurately; your followers need to know where they are going and how they will get there.
- After describing the destination, you have to deliver – good leadership produces desirable results.
- Manage your drive and energy – always have some reserve energy for when things go wrong. Being able to manage your energy also means knowing your limits.
- Always trust your gut – some may take this to mean that one must be impulsive. A good leader trusts not only his instincts but also thinks things through.
- Finally, a good leader accepts and learns from his/ her mistakes – it is impossible for any one person to be perfect. Good leadership involves acknowledging and bearing responsibility for mistakes.
In one way or the other, your essay describing good leadership must incorporate these qualities in a manner that answers your thesis. Now that you know some of the most important qualities of a good leader, you must be wondering which structure your essay will take.
A Five-Step Process for Writing Expository What Makes a Great Leader Essay
Because you will be asked to describe a good leader, you might settle on an expository essay structure. Here are five steps you will follow while writing this essay:
In this initial stage, you will brainstorm for an appropriate topic for your essay as well as the main ideas you will discuss. In addition to this, you will research while making notes and later draft an outline which will organize this information in a logical sequence.
Here you will have a few considerations to make. Your introduction should have a clear topic sentence as well as a strong thesis that will drive your body paragraphs. While the thesis should not give a specific opinion, it must have a manageable scope according to your topic.
Each body paragraph must also have one main point as well as supporting evidence. The conclusion must emphasize your thesis and should not contain any new information
At this point you will be able to review your content, making sure there are no errors in wording and grammar while also having in mind that for expository essays, you must always write in third person. This is because you are discussing a phenomenon and not recounting personal experiences.
An expository essay must be clear and concise, but it should also engage the reader in a lively manner. Have someone else read your essay to give it a new perspective.
- Prepare your final version.
Having incorporated all the changes listed, you are now ready to write the final version of your essay.
Writing an expository essay is a necessary skill to have. Feel free to use this simple guide when writing an expository what makes a great leader essay.
Ask a question
Essay about Characteristics of a Good Leader
526 Words3 Pages
A good leader needs to have many particular characteristics. Some of these are obvious, such as that they care about what you are doing and always puts you before themselves. Also another trait of a good leader is that they always keep promises they make. Some of the subtle attributes of a good leader are that they do not hide behind bad news. Moreover, they are easy people to talk to and they have a good if not excellent sense of humor.
In my opinion, the best leader would be one that enjoys being the leader, is anyways there when I need him or her, sets tangible milestones, always believes that I can do everything, is optimistic, gets everyone involved, wants everyone to be successful, and lastly is courageous and brave. All these…show more content…
I do not think that there is a single person out there in the world like what I stated above because someone could be good in one area, but lack in another area and such.
I sincerely believe that I have characteristics of a good leader, although some of them could be different from the more conventional ones. For example, I am a team player and care about the well being of others, I try my best to help everyone in their time of need, I am generally patient about things, and I really celebrate success in a very enthusiastic way. I think that these qualities are good enough for me to be able to be some type of a good leader.
However, I am human so I am not perfect and lack certain traits of a good leader. For instance, I often do not use language that is easy to understand because I use many “big” words, I do not really give people second chances because I feel that one chance is all they need, and also I am not the best person to communicate. Most of the time I try not to do these things, but these bad things still happen once in a while because I am frustrated or aggravated at something. For the most part, I am a calm and reasonable person that helps people out.
Overall, I am a pretty good leader in some areas and like to help others in their time of need. However, I am only a good leader depending on the situation and that is the major thing