Medical Sales Representative Cover Letter
Medical Sales Representatives are responsible for selling medical products to doctors, pharmacists, and medical staff. Essential duties of a Medical Sales Representative include scheduling appointments, delivering presentations, identifying potential clients, organizing events for medical staff, maintaining contact databases, making sure sale targets are attained, managing budgets, performing research, writing reports for managers, and reviewing sales performance.
Cover letter samples for Medical Sales Representative should mention job aptitudes such as:
- Knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical products
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Stamina and perseverance
- Selling skills
- Customer service orientation
- Attention to details
- A professional appearance
- Computer literacy
- Effective communication
A Medical Sales Representative cover letter example highlighting comparable skills and qualifications is displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Sales Representative Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Chartier:
Success in the medical sales industry requires perseverance, profit-driven focus, and exceptionally honed interpersonal skills. As an experienced and driven professional with a proven history of enhancing sales and revenue growth while managing trusting client relationships, I stand in a uniquely prime position to significantly contribute to your objectives as your next Medical Sales Representative.
My experience in securing new clients and achieving sales goals positions me to outperform your most challenging medical sales targets. By leveraging an insightful ability to implement forward-thinking sales solutions, I excel at facilitating productive relationships with key decision makers to quickly build profitable and lasting relationships leading to sustained revenue growth.
I invite you to consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Overseeing New England sales territory for Emperion Pharmaceuticals, generating $2.4M in annual sales volume by promoting and selling a range of pharma products to physician offices, medical groups, reference laboratories, and hospital laboratories.
- Achieving top ranking within Emperion for sales performance: Top 25% (#81/354) in ’11, Top 10% (#46/354) in ’13, and Top 5% (#21/354) in ’15.
- Achieving dynamic sales and revenue growth through comprehensive knowledge of sales strategies, medical terminology, product expertise, and promotional efforts.
- Delivering dynamic presentations, building client databases, orchestrating special events, contacting prospective customers, and capitalizing on existing relationships to generate new business/upsales.
- Leveraging superior communication, interpersonal, and time management skills to achieve maximum sales and client satisfaction.
My dedication to forging solid and productive relationships, along with my steadfast dedication to achieving maximum customer service and satisfaction, characterizes my career accomplishments. These skills will quickly allow me to become an immediate producer for Holyoke Medical. I look forward to discussing in further detail how I can impact your bottom line.
Thank you for your consideration.
Michael D. Hodges
Cover Letter for a Pharmaceutical Sales Job
The pharmaceutical industry is one of the most lucrative and exciting career paths a sales person can choose, but it is also one of the most volatile and demanding. The salaries and bonuses can be extremely high, but it is also highly competitive and it can be very difficult to get your foot in the door.
In order to get your application even viewed, you need to sell yourself forcefully. The best way to do this is through networking.
By attending industry conferences, participating in networking events, and connecting with people on LinkedIn, you can meet leaders in the field and even get linked to potential opportunities. A well-written LinkedIn Profile summary can help you get noticed by recruiters and hiring managers.
When it comes time to apply, you'll have an advantage over the other candidates since your name and face will be recognized. Particularly in sales, people expect sales persons to be aggressive and persistent, so networking can be a huge asset to your career.
What to Include in Your Cover Letter
Use your cover letter to demonstrate your knowledge about the company and its product base. For instance, if the company focuses on biologics rather than medicines with broad appeal, you need to mention this as it is a huge differentiating factor for the company. Showing that you understand the difference means that it will be easier to train you on pharmaceutical regulations, drug specifics, and safety information once hired.
Review these in-demand pharmaceutical sales skills that can be include in your resume and cover letters.
Pharmaceutical Sales Cover Letter Example
Below is an example cover letter you can use to build your own.
City, State, Zip
Dear Mr. / Ms. LastName,
It was with much interest that I learned from Joe Greene [insert name of Company Contact], your Assistant Director of Marketing, that XYZ Pharmaceuticals is currently increasing its sales force.
As a Sales Representative with 5 years’ progressive experience establishing a powerful network of long-term relationships with outside clients in the metro Chicago area, I am eager to transfer my sales talents to the field of pharmaceutical sales.
The skillset and training I can bring to this position is unique. Although I have successfully built a reputation as an engaging and productive Sales Representative for the software industry, in college I minored in Microbiology. I can thus bring to you not only proven consultative sales skills, but also an understanding of laboratory protocols and scientific terminology which will ensure my swift mastery of the applications and counterindications of your line of diabetes medications.
A few of the qualifications I bring to the table include:
- A consistent record of heightening YOY sales production for my current employer, Genius Software Solutions, generating $1.6 million in sales over the course of the past twelve months.
- Enthusiastic pursuit and capture of Genius’ top annual sales awards for the past three years running.
- Solid experience planning and executing exciting trade shows to increase brand awareness, build contact lists, and capitalize upon rising industry trends.
- Several invitations to participate as a motivational speaker / trainer at corporate sales conferences.
- Formative experience as an undergraduate lab assistant and Microbiology minor (Marketing major) at Ivy University.
My clients will tell you that I am both perceptive and analytical in discerning and responding to their individual needs – because I perform extensive client research well before our initial contact, it is easy to swiftly build rapport and make effective use of narrow appointment windows. I also work closely with our internal sales and R&D teams to guarantee that my knowledge of both our current and emerging product lines is spot on. Finally – although I thrive on surpassing ambitious personal sales goals – I am equally dedicated to overall sales team success, and celebrate the accomplishments of my associates with as much excitement and pride as I do my own.
Eager to learn more about the challenges and growth opportunities you offer your sales team members, I would be grateful for a personal interview. Thank you for your time, consideration, and forthcoming response.
More Sample Cover Letters
Please follow this link to review cover letter samples for a variety of career fields and employment levels, including an internship cover letter sample, entry-level, targeted and email cover letters.