The new Target Your Maths series has been written to fully support the renewed 2014 National Curriculum Framework. The structure as set out in Appendices II and III of the Answer Book enables teachers to develop concepts progressively throughout the year and provides pupils with frequent opportunities to consolidate previous learning.
Each single or double page lesson in this book is divided into four sections:
- Introduction: the learning intention expressed as a target and, where necessary, clearly worked examples.
- Section A: activities based upon work previously covered. This generally matches the requirements for Year 5 pupils. This section can be used to remind children of work previously covered, as well as providing material for the less confident child.
- Section B: activities based upon the requirements for Year 6 pupils. Most children should be able to work successfully at this level.
- Section C: activities providing extension material for the faster workers and for those who need to be moved quickly onto more challenging tasks.
ISBN: 9781 906 622 305
The Maths On Target books build on the enormous popularity of Target Maths, which was first published in 2002. Written by the same author, these books are used in thousands of schools.
The intention of the book is to provide teachers with material to teach all the objectives as set out in the yearly programme in the renewed Primary Framework for Mathematics.
- The work is organised in ‘Blocks’ and ‘Units’ as in the Primary Framework.
- The books work. Children enjoy using them because they can work at their own pace and succeed on a regular basis.
- Everything you need in just one book per year.
- Differentiation: each page has sections A, B and C written for pupils of varying abilities.
- Comprehensive coverage of all learning objectives for each unit.
The correspondence of the three sections A–C to the objectives for different year groups provides a simple, manageable structure for planning differentiated activities and for both the formal and informal assessment of children’s progress. Content pitched at different levels also allows for progression within the lesson. Children acquiring confidence at one level find they can successfully complete activities at the next level.
ISBN: 9781 902 214 948
SKU: M6Category: Maths On Target - KS2